Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[R14, a duck pond, afternoon] Feed the Birds [Mira, Open]

caporushescaporushes Member, Moderator
Let it never be said that Kato Kwabena Kiote didn't know how to have fun! It was more that science had still to determine if what he did could truly be considered "fun", and if so, what that meant for the rest of us. 

On this particular occasion, he had a bit of extra time on his hands after having consumed his lunch (grapes, cheese, and a tin of imported crackers he'd found in a drawer of his desk somewhere and seemed reasonably fresh). It wasn't a satisfying lunch, but he hadn't the heart to seek out a restaurant for anything better. He was still isolating himself after the last time he'd been out in public and his dear, beloved Richard had been so wretchedly sick all over that very nice man. She was, thankfully, sleeping at home where she belonged, but as he couldn't shake the memory of the event he'd just as soon rather eat alone.

The crackers, however, were not as fresh as they'd seemed upon first inspection. Kato therefore could indulge himself in one of his more favorite of activities: feeding ducks. Kato did this with a single-mindedness devotion that other men reserved for their work or family. It wasn't that Kato liked ducks in particular, but there was something very soothing about his interactions with them. Not to mention they made the most charming little noises. As there was no one else as far as he could see, he was keeping up a spirited line of dialogue with his feathered best and only friends. 

"Say here, Hubert-- that's quite enough cracker for you. Fatimah hasn't had any-- Chuma! Be nice!" 

Comments

• The moa's feathers bristled against her legs as it charged forward, disobeying every command to slow down. Like a fowl possessed, it called out to the man feeding ducks by the pond as if it's very life depended on his response. The wretched creature had never behaved like this before!

"FOR CLOCK'S SAKE," the young woman clutching the moa's long neck pleaded in Estuan, "WHOOOOA - "

The buzzard came to an abrupt halt as it descended on the stale cracker bits washing up on the bank and sent the half-Mugrubi rider flying. As good grace would have it, she slammed straight into the pedestrian in an explosion of colored silk and yellow hair, so she didn't fly too far...

As they both hit the ground, Mira Nai rolled straight off the man and catapulted herself onto her feet again, staggering a few paces back as she swatted the curls out of her face. Her freckled face was flushed as she gaped down at the short fellow she assaulted. Words escaped her.
  • caporushescaporushes Member, Moderator
    Kato's first instinct was panic that the person that had just bodychecked him onto the ground had heard him talking to the ducks. Not that there was anything wrong with talking to ducks! Probably. It was just, oh, well, it did seem so dreadful to have anyone hear him do it. What if he said something silly? He was a very silly person, he was often reminded.

His second instinct was also to panic, but this time because his glasses had flown off of his face in the collision. Without them he was quite perfectly blind. He squinted pathetically up at what he was almost certain was another person. His palms stung-- he'd landed on a rock-- but he attempted to dust himself off a bit from the ground anyway.

"Er, well there. Good afternoon, young... er... good... Oh dear. I should probably reserve my guesses for after my spectacles are back on my face, eh?" His stuttering, he was pleased to note, was mild at best. "Can't see without them, you know." His mumbling, though, was out of control. "Where... oh blast it, where are they?"
  • Nai closed her mouth and scanned the grass for a pair of spectacles. They were easy enough to find - laying just a few feet beyond where they both fell in a heap - which illuminated just how blind this man was. She stepped passed him, snatched them up, and whirled him around by the shoulder. "Here you go," she said too brusquely. She shook the glasses open in one hand and deftly stuck them back on his ears, noticing only then that both lenses were cracked. Not to mention the frames were caked with mud.

"Ooooh... drown the whole clocking Circle."

Taking a step back, the galdor slid the purple goggles up from her eyes and looked the duck feeder up and down, downright offended. "I can't leave you here like this can I?" She asked no one, sounding not nearly rhetorical enough. 
  • caporushescaporushes Member, Moderator
    Kato blinked several times in rapid succession. It didn't really help him see any better-- if anything, the cracks fragmented his vision in such a way that it was quite possibly worse than if he'd just left them in the mud in the first place. He could sort of tell that the person was more than likely a young lady of the galdori persuasion.

"Er, ah, yes, well... sorry." He didn't know what he might be apologizing for, but it never hurt to apologize in his estimation. Especially as this particular person seemed to be mildly aggressive in a way he did not quite understand how best to deal with. (She quite reminded him of his sister in that way.) 

"I'll be quite alright, don't mind me!" He attempted to cheerfully right himself, and in doing so lodged a small chip out of the lens in front of his right eye.