Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible revised world map draft

So,

I have been fiddling with the world map for Thorns, trying to make the climates and the like make a little more sense. Below is the draft of what I have come up with for the moment. Comments and the like are always welcome. 

Comments

• This makes me happy. One, because it makes sense, climate-wise as well as trade-wise (for the most part) between Anaxas and Mugroba. It does make being a refugee require more motivation or money or both, although I think politically-speaking, it's easily explained. Mugroba "owes" Anaxas a favor for the plague assistance, whereas the rest of Vita does not.

OH! You added rivers! And a delta! And stuff! Aaah. SO awesome.

Also, Mugroba is huge. Dang.
  • SularSular Member
    edited September 2014
    Assuming Anaxas is somewhere between the size of Spain or the UK, then Mugroba would be about the size of the combined countries in the area between either Yemen and Turkey or Egypt and Turkey. Large, but not too vast. And since they have an emperor, they might as well have an empire.
  • JomiraJomira Member
    edited September 2014
    The arrangement of the countries is fantastic, but... I'm gonna go ahead and be the butthead that asks if our world is on a really tiny planet with only one continent on it. :o
  • As far as I know, it's just one contenent and there are miles and miles of ocean to cross and far too much scurvy and too many barnacles  to find any other landmasses. Or something. 
  • If we're gonna change the continent our stuff takes place on, then it's entirely possible to do some editing of the world one day. LOL. Just sayin' ... :P
  • Well, honestly, I bet the people of this continent are kind of feeling like they have enough troubles without leaving home to go exploring for other continents... though that may be reason for people to explore, to try and find a place without all the blaaaaah that's already going on. :P
  • caporushescaporushes Member, Moderator
    Cart always said there was another one when I asked. Also implied that it had more advanced technology than Vita, in that I made a joke about how that would be delightful and hilarious and she said something evasive. At any rate, Vita is the only continent Vita knows about but probably not the only one on the planet.