Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wiki Migration 2.0

MochiMochi Member, Moderator
edited July 2014 in Works In Progress
Wheeeee! Okay, so, same deal. This thread is to keep track of migrating info from our old, defunct wiki (found here) to our new, shiny, working wiki (found here!). If you migrate a page, please post it here so we know that the information on that page has been transferred. Please note that edit and search functions on the old wiki do not work. Anything you transfer will have to be copy-pasted into the page editor and then formatted by hand. If you have any questions about how to format a wiki article, you can refer to this help page on MediaWiki

To create a new wiki page:
  • Search for the page. If it doesn't exist, you will see a message that says 'Create the page "Page Name" on this wiki!'. 
  • Click the red link, and you'll be delivered to the edit area for that page, which will allow you to enter text.
  • Be sure to save your page!
If you have any questions or if you're unsure of what needs to be moved over, send me a PM or shout at me on the chat. As long as you create an account on the wiki,you should be able to create and edit pages. Hopefully if everyone helps out, this will get done pretty quick. Thanks guys!

Comments

• MochiMochi Member, Moderator
    Most of the geography page has been moved over. It has a lot of linked articles that also need to be moved, so that may be a good place for people to start. It is basically an exact mirror of the old geography page, so links to the necessary articles can be found there.
  • rillanirillani Administrator
    I've moved most of the Anaxas subheading to the Anaxas page.  Once most of the wiki text is moved, I'd like to reorganize it so that broad articles (like Geograpgy) don't contain fine detail.  For now, just move text as-is, and/or give it a Mugrobi perspective.
  • edited July 2014
    JaderGader: Wiki changes: Mugroba added. Under Mugroba, additional links added: Hulali (links to Circle of Gods, page uncreated); Mugrobi (links to Terminology, page uncreated); Anaxi Concord (contains only information on "Overworld Currency" from old wiki page-- if Underworld Currency desired, can be added later. Also: links to Money, page uncreated, could be changed to "Currency"); Hox (page uncreated); Genetics and Appearances (page uncreated); Muluku Islands, Mugrobi Plague, Brunnhold, Thul'amat, Religion, and map of the Headlands (pages uncreated) 
    JaderGader: Additional edits: Genetics and Appearances added, link added to Races page. Rearranged from original wiki to put Mugroba first. Saved original images (if they can be used) to upload later
    JaderGader: Ok, more added: Muluku Islands, links to Mugroba, Old Rose (uncreated), Thul Ka, and Imbali.
    JaderGader: Mugrobi Plague 
    unwanderinggirl: I'm guessing the original images for the Genetics page are still useful. 

Two things we talked about: 
    Currency in Mugroba: Is it only the concord? My thought was the Muluku Islands (and much of Mugrobi trade) ship to Old Rose Harbor, meaning they most likely do trade in Hawke's underworld currency (bird/penny). In my mind (Tif's), Muluku may be very comfortable with this coinage but Thul'Ka may not (for obvious reasons). Although, I could see the Turtle's Liars Market being another place in Thul'ka comfortable with underworld currency (in addition to the Three Flowers unless that would be competition). Would Thul'ka's criminal element have their own currency? (Is Thul'Ka's criminal element the source of the Drain?). 

Other thought: Language. I'm guessing the language section for Mugrobi will be expanded a bit over time. For original Thorns in Anaxas, the language focus was on time (clocks, etc.), but I could see Mugrobi language (foul or otherwise) being focused less on time and more on things like rivers and sand and such. Anyway, I don't have much more than that, but I wanted to write it down before I forgot while here at work.
  • SularSular Member
    You bring up a good point regarding the currency. One of my early ideas for when Thul Ka originally opened was to have a currency crisis. That could still be an important event with various factions in the city arguing for different solutions. 
  • I like this idea.
  • I'll be able to move more to the new wiki in a couple hours. Nap time for the wee one.
    You are amazing Jade.
  • Changes made: 
    -Added Hox, and all relevant links (Bash, Deftung, Spar Rhavat, Queen Ester)
    -Added Phasmonia page (on Geography), led to addition of Ghosts (which links to an uncreated page for Funerals), the Afterlife, and the Antelife (which links to uncreated pages for Circlist and Otherworld)
    -Added Isla Kura and its link, Briny Joe Billows (links to uncreated pages for Silas Hawke and Bad Brothers) which links to The Pathos which then links to The Legend of the Yellow Man (links to uncreated Tales and Myths page)
  • Just as an added note: I'm transferring pages from the wiki pretty much wholesale. I'm not making content edits unless specifically noted. If things need to take a more Mugrobi flair, I can run with it or someone who has more of the big picture can take over.

-Added Bastia, as well as summaries to Geography page for Bastia, Gior, and Hox (Do we still want pages/summaries for Hesse, Naulanon, Shotha, Vezza, and Rohanna?)
    - Added Culture page, including the linked Funerals, Manners (links to Viewpoints, uncreated), Holidays (shifted so Mugrobi holidays come first, added all holiday pages), 

Culture pages not added due to need for overhaul/unhelpfully heavy-handed Anaxi bent: Race Relations, Gender Relations, Sex and Sexuality, Marriage, Prejudice.

Superstitions not added because old wiki link is broken.

I'll get to everything from literature down some other time. I need to cook dinner. :)
  • rillanirillani Administrator
    Thanks a ton, Jade!
  • Day 2: Added to Culture

-Tales and Myths (and all contents)
    -Famous Books
    -Passive Proverbs
    -Songs
    -Dances 
    -Performance Arts
    -Games 
    -Drinks
    -Food (moved Mugrobi dishes to the top-- could use some expanding ;) ) 
    -Chan (links to Apah, created, and Scrying, uncreated)
    -Fashion (needs editing/rearranging for more Mugrobi flair; very Anaxas-oriented at this time; I have all the original illustrations saved for addition later)
    -Naming Conventions (rearranged so Mugroba comes first)
    -Hairstyles (rearranged so Mugroba comes first)
    Moved over most of the calender page.
  • Moved:

-Language page, including links to Estua (links to War of the Book, Everspell), Rohanna
    -War of the Book links to Timeline, Grimoire, Galdori, Mona, Mythic Beasts
    -Everspell links to Timekeeping
    -Timekeeping links to Everine (links to uncreated pages for Organizations, Church of the Moon; links to created page for Religion
    -Religion, links to uncreated pages for Circlism, Circle Gods, Evers, Otherworld, Vitanism, and Spirits; links to created pages for The Antelife, The Afterlife, Everine, Mythic Beasts, Ghosts, and Phasmonia
    -Magic page
  • Continued:

As a result of putting up the Languages page:
    -Everine's link to Noumenon and Church of the Moon created
    -Slang and Colloquialisms page created
    -Freedom Fighters page created (links to uncreated pages for Organizations, So you want to be a freedom fighter, passives, humans, galdori, Jon Serro, Seventen, Alyssa Pierre, Johann Ceres, Oculus Task Force, and Willy Snarflick)
    -Tek Lexicon

(*PHEW!!*)
    The Character Directory is now a thing that exists! Hurray!