Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tristaan (& Sarinah) 5-year Timeline

edited August 2014 in Showcase

(Original Thorns Date)
Hamis 25 2712 - Fire in ORH
Hamis 26 2712 - Not much left of the Hingle, but leftover concords are dug up from under the floorboards. (I have this half-started in an old Google doc. Fire. Ashes. Third degree burns. Gold coins. Tears.)
Hamis 28 2712 - T&S leave ORH to avoid the looting and the chaos that ensues until Hawke restores order and begins restoration
Roalis 2712 - Bombing of Brunnhold. Headmistress dies.
Rumors of rebranding of passives of Brunnhold (on the forehead! omg!) convince T to make sure they stay in the wilderness and way far away from such things. At the same time, dang, he’d probably be like, “I’ll fight over that.” So much inner turmoil in my mind. Crap.
Yaris 2712 - T&S  reunite with the Red Crow outside of Vienda. Crow wedding!!! Highlight of 2712 right there.
Dentis-Vortas 2712 - No interest in staying near or around Vienda, some Crows head north, T&S included.

Mostly isolated year of traveling far from the issues unraveling in Vienda as there are more riots, Judge Azmus seizing power, Seventen take over. Probably a good personal development year, none the less. T deals with issues. T&S generally form a better relationship, perhaps over pregnancy and loss (I’m so friggin’ mean). Still north of Vienda with small pocket of Red Crow.
Achtus 2013 - Tristaan risks entering the city (reason undetermined … possibly to rescue Guaril and/or some other Crow in danger). Meets Nevinia by accident. I have this lit half written. There’s either rioting or some other inner-city fighting going on and he literally knocks her off her chroven in the middle of the fight, totally intent on kicking her ass and any other Seventen around. It’s a very “oh shit” moment. Also somewhat anti-climactic for Tristaan because Nevinia doesn’t entirely handle the situation well once they recognize each other and it is a very bittersweet form of closure. I mean, it’s good, but it still really hurts.
Guaril dies a happy man.

Revolution starts. This is very difficult for Tristaan. Inner conflict, but not really as difficult as before. No interest in fighting a very lose-lose battle.
Insert the most ridiculously adorable dark-haired wick baby #1 here. Boy. Named Kieran.

Things appear to get better, but T&S are not convinced. Tristaan now has “protect the family” motivations and is not interested in putting lovely ladies or adorable babes in danger. Many Crows want to move back to join larger group. At this point, T&S are content to stay far north of Vienda, closer to the swamp (but not in it. ew.). Some traveling, though, once the reading and alcohol bans are repealed and there is some form of semi-functioning civic government. Still, Tristaan is especially suspicious.
—-

Revolution round 2. It’s too much of a bloodbath. T&S make the risky, dangerous migration toward ORH in order to leave to Mugroba, possibly before the first mass exodus. Tristaan has been across the sea a few times previously when working aboard ships, though knows little of the culture. Difficult to come back to ORH, but there is enough tucked away (saved for years) concords to get the heck out of Anaxas.
Coming to Mugroba is culture shock on many levels, but T&S&babe are comfortable enough w/each other that it’s not terrible. Hey, look at that, imbali are accepted members of society. Tristaan is free to move about the cabin and this is probably revolutionary in itself, internally speaking.

2717 (new game date)

Finding work is hard, though, and neither has interest in being stuck in Little Anaxas with it’s Anaxi-like rules and lifestyles. It would be nice to find elsewhere to live in Thul’ka, but that’s most likely a very difficult endeavor in itself. Moar babies, please. (In-game; as in already-expecting.) Insert the most ridiculously adorable dark-haired wick baby #2 here.
What kind of work would Tristaan be doing? Part of me wants to throw him at the cable-ways as a grip, if only because the wiki specifically says “gollies can’t do it” since they’re wimpier. Yeah. Tristaan’s not a wimpy golly. He’s a damn passive, you luggers. Rawr. Not raised in a cushy lifestyle and yet still galdor in stature probably makes this difficult, though. Also, not a Mug, so getting a foot in the door (or under the cable, so to speak), would be a challenge. I don’t think that Tristaan would be interested in falling into questionable work again. I don’t see him crawling into Three Flowers in hopes of finding thug work or merc work again. Things are different. Tristaan is different, more so than I wrote here but I feel it in my bones.

Heck yeah. This is where I sit back and go, “What the hell did I just write here?” Because, honestly, this is not what I was intending. I don't know whether to feel guilty for indulging my feelings or exciting because I still have them. I absolutely positively did not want old PCs in Mugroba because, well, because I thought it would be too weird, too nostalgic, too … aaaah! I thought it would hurt too much. But. But. Damn, I have some favorites, and maybe they were missed. Maybe they mean more than I thought they did. So, here we are. Because, love. That’s really the bottom line, I think. However, I’m not interested in even following this storyline unless Sho is on board with Sarinah, ‘cause it won’t be fun (at all) alone. Ever.

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm so onboard its insane. *pats nostalgic timeline*
  • Obviously, it's a ship that never stopped sailing.

Ahoy.
  • Awww!! I missed you guys!!
  • edited August 2014
    Har. Thank'ee. Me, too, gosh clocking darn it. That much is now painfully clear.

Also: I think I could also see Tristaan as a very amusing barkeep, but I don't think he'd enjoy that for another decade or two. Right now, that is way too stationary. The man still needs to be in motion. Doing stuff. With his hands. And such.
  • Argh. So much love. I am working on Sarinah as I type. Well, not as I type. Because I am typing here. Not over there. I will go type.