Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thul Ka - Designing the City - Revised

SularSular Member
edited July 2014 in Works In Progress
Well, after the slight chaos of the forum upgrade we are back to something like working order but we lost a the old thread. However, I have saved some of the data and will be posting it here.

Here are the claims for build-out so far
  • The Civic Assembly - Sular

• The Turtle  - unwanderinggirl

• The Pipeworks - Gregg

• Three Flowers - Tulpa

• Revolutionary Anaxas and Onzur's Bazaar - Rillani

• The Palace Guard - Rush

I have also got a bit of an early draft of the Civic Assembly done here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LN3wMavG9DrPVGsgYyn4naqCL9UcQ5_u50Rkk5sgnVA/edit

Tagged:

Comments

• edited July 2014

Don't know where to put this, but some ideas:

Seasonal flooding in parts of the city are common, despite the work of The Pipeworks.

What kind of crops are common?

Culinary styles and preferences?

Anyway. Stuff I think about. LOL.

• Morag Member
    If they have flooding problems they might be pretty proficient in making temporary floating gardens out of woven plant matter and earth.

People in Bangladesh deal with this sort of thing all the time since water levels have risen over there.
  • caporushescaporushes Member, Moderator
    The flooding+floating garden thing is actually super interesting visually/as a detail, I really like it. 
  • Also, annual flooding is what made the Nile riverbanks so fertile for planting, and would explain why this little oasis can exist in the desert.